Friday, February 26, 2010

Life after the nap.

Ji-uk woke up ready for action. Mark (my KAD pal here) and I headed out for bulgogi. Ji-uk had a bottle, but I also spoon fed him rice and bulgogi broth (Seoul style bulgogi is simmered table side in a sweet beef broth with glass noodles, mushrooms and onions). When he wanted a bite, he let out a shrill chirp like a hungry eaglet! It was very loud and made people laugh! Then we took him to 7-Eleven for more chocolate milk :) Next we played toys together on the floor and watched cartoons-some lame anime "western"! Ji-uk needed a diaper change and jammies. I put him in "footie" pajamas-he FREAKED out! He does not like pajamas with built in feet!!!!!! Good to know. After I changed his pajamas to a more suitable selection I layed him down and rubbed his tummy as his eyes got heavy. Just before he fell asleep he put his hand on mine. My heart is happy. Good night Ji-uk...I hope you sleep through the night.
I miss my kids at home fiercely too. I can't wait to see them. I have never been away from baby girl. It's tough. I miss my whole family. Hoping tomorrow goes well!

5 comments:

  1. I have been so enjoying following along on your trip. You have made me miss Seoul again!

    Glad things are going smoothly so far! I am hoping you will post some pictures!

    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your transition seems to be going well you will both be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just before he fell asleep he put his hand on mine."

    Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! Keeping you in our prayers (and really hoping the mosquitoes leave!).

    ReplyDelete