Today I saw the "Gyeong Bok Gung Palace". The morning started out with a monsoon style down pour! I was so afraid they would cancel my trip. My guide today was perfect, sweet and also working on her masters in teaching English and soon social work. Her name was Ji-hui, I adore her as much as my first guide. First we went to the palace. It was as if time stood still in the heart of one of the worlds largest, and most metropolitan cities in the world. The best part was the misty fog around the palace. It was a photography dream come true. Mist in the surrounding mountains. The guards came out and it was amazing.
I can't explain what a moving cultural experience it was. I must have taken about 175 photos at least. It was great. I felt very emotional there. The rich culture was a moving experience.Adoption aside, the architecture was beyond breath taking, that this amazing place belongs to your children and their ancestry was enough to make a few tears escape. I can't wait to post the palace photos on my blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment