Wednesday, February 24, 2010
**GWANGJU CITY**
I'm so tired I can't even type. The trip to Gwangju was nothing short of a miracle. I met Ji-uk's first foster mother. In Gwangju they only have 10 or so foster mothers (in Seoul, I've heard there are over 600). Mrs. Cho has fostered since the 1980's over 280 children!!!!! She was so kind and so sweet!!! Both of Ji-uk's foster mothers are amazing, sweet, and so kind! I met 2 Holt Gwangju social workers. I can not convey the pure kindness I was shown by all today. Their grace was awe inspiring. They told me Ji-uk's birth mother was so very, very beautiful, and she had lovely features. They said Ji-uk has many of her attributes. There is so much more, but it is deeply personal. My guide took me to a mandu restaurant, and we took our snacks on the train. I left the hotel at 8:45 a.m. and returned at 9:35 p.m. I'm so tired, 7 hours of "Bullet Train" travel (so FAST) and over an hour of subway travel. I will write more when I wake up in the middle of the night with the "jet lag"...wide awake at 3 a.m., like clockwork most nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you will be able to tell Ji Uk more about his birth mother and his first foster mother what a priceless treasure!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you got to meet Ji-uk's first foster mom. You are having an amazing week in Korea!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you. Our visit to our son's birth city ended up being way more than we imagined too. It's wonderful that you received more information that you can share with your son as he grows. I hope you got more sleep and continue to have an amazing trip!
ReplyDeleteJust caught up on the last few days. (this no pc thing is killing me!!) I am so happy for you! I am glad you made it safely, that you have not died of the food and that your baby is so sweet and perfect. I can't wait to meet him. Enjoy your next meeting, I hope it goes well and he isn't too "I-see-white-people" freaked. See you when you get home! Hugs.
ReplyDelete