Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hooray for Bulgogi!

So, I've been in Korea 24 hours and have not been to a Korean restaurant yet....lame. I'm excited to go to eat, and even more excited to be going with a pal I met on mt adoptive parents Holt Forum. I am having dinner with "Tiggergirl" aka Kim from NJ....Or is it Philly.....
Anyway, I am looking forward to having a gal pal to dine with and chat it up. I was just watching "Glee". I don't watch that show at home, and when I get to watch TV, it one of the few episodes I have seen! HA! Mom, I watched "Tabitha's Salon Take Over on Korea's fashion network, that was fun. I am so sleepy, I broke a huge "Jet Lag" tenant-I did take an hour long nap, and it was wonderful, until I awoke to the nastiest paint fumes of some restripeing (sp?) of a few parking spaces outside my window. Smells like spray paint. Good times.
I am so worried about Ji-uk. It's been on my mind quite a bit today. He will not transition easily at first. I have done this enough times to recognize that fear. Which of course is a developmental gold mine for attachment, that he loves her so very much, but it will be difficult for him to say the very least. Pray for him if you are so inclined. He could use it. Maybe someone reading in my family could you put his name on the prayer rolls?
I am wondering if I'm the only one going out to eat dinner in Seoul tonight with a laminated sign explaining my allergies, 2 Epi-pens, a box of Benedryl, a box of Cemedine, and an inhaler! How knew eating out could be so risky......
I hate it when I ingest protiens that my body can't process and then they attack my airway and digestive system. Bunk. :) Wish me luck...I can't eat yogurt and chips
all week, so here it goes....

4 comments:

  1. I hope it went well! I am praying for your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving following your journey! We will be praying for your little guy, and your risky eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your posts, Holly!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you with your sweet baby boy. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. It's SO hard on our little guys...I wish they could just understand how much we love them!!! Soon, he'll know. :)
    ~Alicia In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your dinner was without incident. Kudos to you for trying. You have the best reason in the world not to eat Korean food, yet you do anyway.

    I'll definitely be praying for Ji-uk. It will be a blessing that he has a family who understands the trauma he's about to endure and will do what he needs to help him through it.

    Leaving Korea with our son was both one of the happiest and saddest moments of my life. With you in thoughts.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete