Monday, February 22, 2010

"I'm a Seoul mom......"

I made it! Not only did I make it, I actually did really well!! I knew where I was going the whole time! When I got my suit case, the zipper had split open on an outside pocket, and I haven't figured out what I've lost yet, if anything, but someone else's library book was shoved in there, so I just sent it back around on the baggage carousel. My asthma is doing great (had a NASTY flare up right before I left-week or so, first time in over a decade). So happy to report the nice, clean, brisk Seoul air is so far in my favor. I meet Ji-uk in about 6 hours (it's around 4 a.m. here). I got a brutal charlie horse in both calves back at the hotel.....good times. They give you 2 oz of water on the flight to keep you out of the bathroom! Dehydration and 12 hours of sitting can do that to a mom.They had WONDERFUL food on the flight, I can't explain this dish to do it justice, but they had a Korean potato salad, a lot like "Resers" very familiar tasting, but they used minced pumpkin in it too....rockin' good!!!!!!! I met an adoptive family at PDX who was on their way to Mexico for vacation, and when I arrived in Seoul, a family adopting from my Holt BB group "Castlemaine" was arriving at the same time! We share a van ride together. Her and her DH were so nice!! Great and very interesting people.
I went to 7-Eleven as soon as I got in, bought some juice and yogurt..really exciting literary piece, I know...I meet my son very soon, and will post when I get back to the hotel. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you have arrived safe and sound! Can't wait to hear all about your 1st meeting!! Have fun and lots of positive thoughts winging their way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH there really is no other place in the world quite like Seoul is there?

    ReplyDelete