Ahh, the Insadong arts and shopping district! How I love it! I bought Ji-uk the most beautiful traditional Celadon Korean vase. I bought a few gifts for family and had an amazing lunch with my guide in a restaurant called "Chon". We had a sweet, crunchy chicken dish and the most tender Galbi with mushrooms I have ever had. It was such a special occasion. It was so delicious! I has a chop made for Ji-uk and got some cool Korean Hangul papers. I bought my husband a tie (he gets a tie from every adoption trip-it's our family tradition). The boys got socks,I know, they were $1-I have to do better.... I got Ji-su a mini Hanbok exactly like her own Hanbok for her doll for $10, it is so cute. I bought some artwork too. I wanted to buy so much more, alas there is "reality".
Insadong and the palace adventure put us racing the clock to be back at Holt Korea by 3:00. We hailed a taxi. My first taxi ride in Seoul. We got stuck in traffic. I had an appointment to see Ji-uk again and see him have his "pre-flight physical". I made tremendous progress at that meeting. He played with me, he let me bounce him on my knee, and tickle him. It's not all rosey just yet, but a huge step in the right direction. I feel more at peace. All and all today was simply perfect. Like all they days here have been so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment