Monday, September 20, 2010

POO HAPPENS!






You all know the old adage (edited, of course-hehe). It means something different to me, something more......
My 3.5 year old son has been peeing on the potty for 8 or so moths, like clockwork!!! No accidents. Poo- that's another story. He refused to poo on the potty-ever. Okay that's pretty age appropriate, right? Sure. Here's where we go wrong.
1. 8 months of him asking me, "Hey mom, I gotta poop, can you give me a diaper?"-Yes. That is a bit much.
2. He is so tall and so big that the diapers don't really actually fit anymore. He was about a few months away from Depends-seriously!!!! A size 6 looked like a paper speedo swim suit!
3. We tried to bribe him. A hamster, a Costco case of fruit snacks, Thomas trains, finally after ripping a diaper tab off accidentally getting him suited up to poo my husband in seer desperation says, "Son, if you start to poo on the potty I WILL buy you a monster truck!"

I had to intervene. The look in Ha-neul's eyes when from sheer joy to disinterest when I explained that it would be a "Power Wheels monster truck" or some kind of toy. As we don't have 6 figures lying around to purchase a "big Foot" or our own, in desperation I blurted out "Mommy will buy you a puppy!!!!!"
I had struck a chord with the man who would hold it for 4 days to avoid the toilet! The light went on, he was ready to talk toilet! He immediately began to poop on the toilet! One day he ASKED-yes, ASKED for a tablespoon of mineral oil to get the puppy sooner!!!!! When he wanted such gentle laxitives as mineral oil and italian plums to expedite his potty prowess. I knew, I would be buying a puppy. So today we looked at a second dog, and this was the right one. We will not be picking her up until after we more in.....
Welcome "Eleanore James"

(hey it was either that or Mr. Hinkle (the puppy is a girl) bucket head or tip toe according Ha-neul).

3 comments:

  1. oh my.
    i'm calling tomorrow to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that is too funny! What a smart little guy :) Good luck with 2 dogs! It will be a party :)

    ReplyDelete