About a year ago I had my eye and heart on a little one from the photo listing. He had been waiting so long for a family. I couldn't get him out of my heart or thoughts. It was the week of the PAHF Camp Out (local Holt group week long camping trip). My social worker also happened to be at the camp out, and we told her about the little sweet one, and asked for her okay in requesting his file. I called Monday morning, from my camp site to the WCP staff in Eugene to request his file. My social worker pulled up the info on her laptop. All week I thought about that sweet little boy, who had such a rough start to his life as a "micro preemie". As our family lay snoozing in the faux wilderness I couldn't help but stay awake wondering, if at the next year's annual camp out would we have one more tricycle rider, one more s'more eater, and one more little sleeping bag? Well, this year's camp out just ended, and the little boy on the photo listing with a huge file is here, cuddling his Elmo in his crib fast asleep tonight. Although we didn't make it to this year's camp out due to another child in our family having some medical work done on one of their special needs. He would have been one more tricycle, and he did make it home! And next year he will be one more s'more, maybe even 2!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
1 year ago, camping, and the Holt WC Program
About a year ago I had my eye and heart on a little one from the photo listing. He had been waiting so long for a family. I couldn't get him out of my heart or thoughts. It was the week of the PAHF Camp Out (local Holt group week long camping trip). My social worker also happened to be at the camp out, and we told her about the little sweet one, and asked for her okay in requesting his file. I called Monday morning, from my camp site to the WCP staff in Eugene to request his file. My social worker pulled up the info on her laptop. All week I thought about that sweet little boy, who had such a rough start to his life as a "micro preemie". As our family lay snoozing in the faux wilderness I couldn't help but stay awake wondering, if at the next year's annual camp out would we have one more tricycle rider, one more s'more eater, and one more little sleeping bag? Well, this year's camp out just ended, and the little boy on the photo listing with a huge file is here, cuddling his Elmo in his crib fast asleep tonight. Although we didn't make it to this year's camp out due to another child in our family having some medical work done on one of their special needs. He would have been one more tricycle, and he did make it home! And next year he will be one more s'more, maybe even 2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a cute post :) It's crazy how things turn out! He is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the voicemail.. my phone died on me and I am waiting for a new one to come in. So, I will have to give you a call soon when that gets worked out! Thanks and love ya!